Dolores River Rafting: Ponderosa Gorge
Begin in the town of Dolores, where the Dolores River enters Ponderosa Gorge. The canyon deepens and begins its transition from a mountain to a desert river. Sandstone walls appear and groves of ponderosa pine and Douglas fir cover the river, offering the most beautiful campsites you can find on a Colorado rafting experience.
Find your Adventure
- Dolores River Rafting - Ponderosa Gorge (Class III-IV)
- Dolores River Rafting - Ponderosa Gorge & Slickrock Canyons (Class II-IV)
- Colorado Rafting - 3 Day Mild to Wild
- The Snake River through Hells Canyon Rafting (Class III and IV)
- Rio Chama White Water Rafting
- View All Cortez Adventures »
- View All Rafting Adventures »
Since 1976, Wilderness Aware has set high standards that they are endlessly striving to surpass. They have been recognized as an industry leader, having won the "Colorado Recreation and Tourism Company of the Year" and "Colorado Service Company of the Year" awards, two of Colorado's most prestig…More »
Find Your Adventure
Short on Vacation Time?
Our Quick Escapes Guide can help you find a day trip, weekend getaway or short escape. Learn more »